People ask me what is my secret and my beauty routine, especially since I am 62 and have soft, smooth skin and I’m in excellent health. When my dear friend Celeste asked me to write about it, I promised her that I would.
What’s my secret?
1. A healthy plant-based lifestyle. This is # 1 because what we eat will affect our health and appearance. A plant-based life-style is beneficial for our skin, eyes and hair.
2. Keeping active. I get plenty of exercise dancing every day and I lift weights for my arms, just to keep toned. I also enjoy walking and biking. I’m a certified fitness instructor.
3. Staying out of the sun. I’m a shade-seeker. I wear a hat if I’m in the sunshine for more than 15 minutes.
4. No smoking. Smoking is not only unhealthy for our lungs but also damaging for our heart and SKIN.
5. Beauty sleep. I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.
6. I have never washed my face with soap: just water and a face cloth.
But what cream or lotion do I use? This is the question I am asked.
7. I am a third generation user of NIVEA. My mom (and dad) used NIVEA and I grew up with NIVEA. I even bought a blue VW Beetle in 2000 which I call Nivea Blue.
Look who’s in the back seat … this is my favourite photo!
I love NIVEA because they do not test on animals and that is very important to me. No animal should suffer for vanity or fashion.
I took an course because my mom was a certified cosmetician and (which included hairdressing in Germany). She opened her own beauty salon when we moved to Canada. No wonder she chose NIVEA.