People ask me what is my secret and my beauty routine, especially since I am 62 and have soft, smooth skin and I’m in excellent health. When my dear friend Celeste asked me to write about it, I promised her that I would.
What’s my secret?
1. A healthy plant-based lifestyle. This is # 1 because what we eat will affect our health and appearance. A plant-based life-style is beneficial for our skin, eyes and hair.
2. Keeping active. I get plenty of exercise dancing every day and I lift weights for my arms, just to keep toned. I also enjoy walking and biking. I’m a certified fitness instructor.
3. Staying out of the sun. I’m a shade-seeker. I wear a hat if I ‘m in the sunshine for more than 15 minutes.
4. No smoking. Smoking is not only unhealthy for our lungs but also damaging for our heart and SKIN.
5. Beauty sleep. I try to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night, they don’t call it beauty sleep for nothing.
6. I have never washed my face with soap: just water and a face cloth.
But what cream or lotion do I use? This is the question I am asked.
7. I am a third generation user of NIVEA. My mom (and dad) used NIVEA and I grew up with NIVEA. I even bought a blue VW Beetle in 2000 which I call Nivea Blue.
Look who’s in the back seat … this is my favourite photo!
I love NIVEA because they do not test on animals and that is very important to me. No animal should suffer for vanity or fashion.
I took an course because my mom was a certified cosmetician and (which included hairdressing in Germany). She opened her own beauty salon when we moved to Canada. No wonder she chose NIVEA.